Remotely Controlled Weigh Stations
Remotely Controlled Weigh Stations (RCWS) are systems that allow an operator to control one or more remote weighing sites from a central station. The remote sites transmit data from sensors and network devices, including scales, cameras, license plate readers and signs. A communications link allows an operator in the central station to give instructions to the driver.
- Increase enforcement in rural or remote areas
- Receive real-time data and images of vehicles
- Direct vehicles at remote inspection stations using variable message signs
- View credentials using a remotely operated Pan-Tilt-Zoom (PTZ) camera
- Monitor multiple sites from a single location